Monday, July 18, 2011

A Patriotic Recipe for Sangria

As you know, one of the things I really love is food and sharing culinary ideas.  This provides a much better platform than Facebook to share these recipes.  The following is modified from a website called Recipe Girl.  I should link to it because it often has some good pics and ideas.  So here it is for your enjoyment.  Again, I didn't make this up but it was such a hit at the Fourth Of July BBQ that I would highly suggest making a double batch.  It does have alcohol in it and perhaps soon I will create a non-alcohol version for my teetotaler cronies.

1 bottle Pinot Grigio
 1/2 Cup triple sec
 1/4 Cup Berry flavored vodka
1/4 Cup fresh lemon juice
2 Tbs Agave Nectar
3/4 Cup Blueberries
3/4 Cup sliced strawberries
3/4 Cup raspberries
1/2 Cup pineapples (bite sized pieces or cut into shapes of stars... do you have time for this?)

 Stir the liquids together in a liter container and add fruit.  Stir gently and refrigerate. Serve over ice.

Enjoy your day and make sure you have a designated driver, a nice burger, and a comfortable chair with friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment